Thursday, July 30, 2009

diy fascinator

Mrs. Pineapple's A Wedding in a Week: Hair Flower

posted 1 month ago in Fascinators

Earlier this week I posted about my new ’second first wedding’ dress. I wasn’t sure if I should wait to wear my veil for the October wedding or if I should wear it to both. A few readers suggested I wear a hair flower. What a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that?I would have loved to order one from Etsy, there are so many cute options, but time is against me. So, I decided to try and make one myself. I headed to Michael’s not really knowing what I was doing, armed with a short shopping list:

Silk Flower Feathers Barrettes

Here is a close-up of the peony I picked out:

I then took apart the peony (like Miss Shortcake taught me) and this is what I was left with:

I chose some of the smaller petals and glued them together. Then I added a couple feathers and a pearl I had left over from another project. Finally, I hot glued the flower to a barrette. Here is the final product:

It took me all of five minutes and I am pleasantly surprised with the results.

Here is the cost breakdown: Peony: $2 (50% off) Barrettes: $1.50 (50% off) Feathers: $1.50 Total: $5