Thursday, July 30, 2009

lariat

The readers have spoken. They have said, “Yo, ’Bug. Show us the bling.” Specifically, the lariat I wore to my first fitting. Alors, voila!

And here it is, closer:

I purchased it at an accessories trunk show at Destiny’s Bride in Scottsdale last year. I’m afraid I only remember the designer’s first name - Renee. But I’m sure they know how to find her. Oddly, they’ve let their website expire, but the phone number is 480.368.8868. It was around $100, if I remember correctly.

Renee had a lot of really, really beautiful pieces like this. Pearls, crystals, lariats, chains, combs, hair pins - you name it. If this is the style you’re looking for, she’s your woman. Sorry I don’t have a direct link. :(

And just for fun, here’s an older necklace I briefly considered wearing:

It’s a Trina Tarantino (from Zoe on 4th, for local girls) that I loooooove intensely. It’s just so rockstar. But I chickened out of it for the wedding. It’s maybe a touch too rockstar for my dress…? But look how gorgeous the star is up close:

Anyhow, that’s the DL on my neckwear.

But real quick, upon seeing these disturbing, close-up photos of my skin, I’m going to bust out into a PSA…

For years, I tanned like a maniac, both in the sun and in the salon. And yeah, my skin looked pretty spectacular: