Thursday, July 30, 2009

mehndi/indian invitations

Our invitations took me forever to finalize. I fussed and fretted over every little detail from line thickness to wording. I changed the paper, the design and I think lost my mind in the process. But I am SO glad I did because I ended up with these beauties:

Outside of our invitation with our monogrammed bellyband:

I love the huge lotus and the hanging garlands of flowers.

This is the inside of our pocket fold style invitation. The pocket holds our homecoming reception, mendhi, directions, RSVP and response envelope. Our main invitation is mounted on the other side.

Our main invitation:

main-invitation2.jpg

Homecoming reception card:

homecoming-reception2.jpg

Mendhi card:

mendhi.JPG

Directions card:

directions.JPG

RSVP card:

Response envelope:

response-envelope.JPG

Outer envelope:

envelope-outer.JPG

These pictures really don’t do them justice. I assure everyone that the colors are very vibrant and the gold shimmery paper glows. I think Saima used the same gold paper on Mrs. Jasmine’s invitations.

I am so happy with the end results and think Saima did an amazing job creating invitations that are modern but with a classic South Asian feel. Now I’m excited to infuse some of the invitation elements (lotus flowers and our monogram) into the wedding. :)