Thursday, July 30, 2009

s'more favors

S'more Favors

posted 2 weeks ago in Favors

1.
Member Icon
Member
4 posts
Wannabee
ChellC July 25th Burton, MI

This is both my fiance and my second wedding. And we both have kids and are expecting another one in January. We are having a small backyard wedding on a lake in a couple of weeks. I was trying to come up with something inexpensive to make as favors for about 90 guests.

So I came up with a S'more Favor. I individually wrapped in a plastic baggie, two graham crackers and a marshmellow and then added a miniture hershey's bar. I picked up 500 white paper bags (a little smaller than sandwich size) for only $15 from Gordon's Food Service. I put the ingredents in the bag and folded it and attached a small piece of paper with a little poem to the bag with a thin ribbon. By the way, I am NOT a poet by any means but the poem goes like this:

S'more laughs,

S'more hugs,

S'more kisses,

S'more falling in love,

S'more time spent together,

S'more memories we've made,

But most of all we are happiest to say,

We have S'more family & friends to love today!

(And pretty soon we'll have S'more kids!)

Jeff & Chell Smith-Jones

July 25th, 2009

I will try to submit a picture soon.

2.
Member
654 posts
Busy bee
IA_Snowflake 08/29/09 Missouri Valley, IA

That's so adorable. I thought about doing this since we're getting married on the edge of a lake and will have tons of kids there. Are you going to have a firepit and sticks so that they can make them there?

3.
Member
27 posts
Newbee
sunnyshinegal June of 2012 Midwest

That's a sweet poem!

4.
Member Icon
Member
4 posts
Wannabee
ChellC July 25th Burton, MI

Yes.. We are going to have a firepit set off to the side. And we are planning on having the roasting sticks ready to go after the meal is served.

5.
Bee Icon
Bee
782 posts
Busy bee
yorkie June 2009 Miami, FL

That is such a sweet idea! Your guests are going to love the S'Mores and the poem!

I wish you the best! :o)

6.
Hostess
750 posts
Busy bee
mrsleopard 11/22/08 Los Angeles

My friend did this at her wedding and it was a huge hit!

7.
Bee Icon
Bee
3,777 posts
Honey bee
bruschetta August 2009 Philadelphia

I sorta hate marshmallows but if I didn't, I'd be ALL over s'mores favors, because I think they're the cutest!

8.
Member
112 posts
Worker bee
cookie82 6/18/2010 Milwaukee, WI

This is such a great idea! :) Very cute.

9.
Member Icon
Member
236 posts
Helper bee
sminerva21 September 26, 2009 Chicago, IL/wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY

Best favor ever! We're getting married in a state park (there's a hotel situated there, which is our venue) and we REALLY wanted to do a firepit with smores after and kind of our "after party" but it didn't work for us logistically. That would have been our favor had we done that, though. And I mean really, who doesn't love smores?!

10.
Member
397 posts
Helper bee
Kittyachi August 21, 2010 Eastern CT Shore

OMG my FI loves s'mores he would die for that. I may have to steal that idea. Too bad there's no way to do a firepit at our venue. He would seriously be in heaven. Great idea! ANd the poem is adorable. I don't think you have to be a poet to convey something cute and heartfelt.

11.
Member
323 posts
Helper bee
thefuturemrsjewell 08-28-10 Washington DC

OMG, I love this idea. So perfect for an outdoor summer wedding. I definitely am going to have to remember this one! Would love to see pictures when they are all done.

12.
Member Icon
Member
4 posts
Wannabee
ChellC July 25th Burton, MI

Too bad their wasnt' a way for you to pre-toast the marshmellows before you package them and then a way to just heat them up at the reception. Ya know they make coconut flavored marshmellows, why in the world can't they make toasted flavored marshmellows?!?!?! :D

13.
Member
94 posts
Worker bee
bunnylovesbear MA

oh my goodness! what an adorable idea! I especially love that your guests will be able to toast them at your reception.

14.
Member Icon
Member
10 posts
Newbee
Tawnya782 10/23/10 Central Pennsylvania

I LoVe this I think it's so cute! :)