Thursday, July 30, 2009

crystal stuff

07/30/2009
DSC00904
DSC00904
DSC00905
DSC00906
DSC00907
DSC00904DSC00905DSC00906DSC00907
Hair Style
Hair trial!
I was delighted with my hair trial, exactly what I wanted. Hopefully it will withstand the elements and the stress of the day! I've got my tiara on but I also have a veil to wear for the ceremony, which I think I will wear underneath the bun.
hair, bun, veil, tiara
07/30/2009
My bag!
My bag!
Wedding day outfit
Bag
I found the most gorgeous bag in the coast sale - perfect shade of Tiffany blue with a gorgeous diamante bow! Will be perfect for my lipgloss and powder!
bag, bride
07/30/2009
Place cards
Place cards
DIY
Place cards
I got these cute little Tiffany blue place cards from ebay, I wrote the names on myself and just put a single diamante on each. Easy and simple!
07/30/2009
Tiffany bags
Tiffany bags
Sparkly Tiffany blue tissue paper!
Tiffany bagsSparkly Tiffany blue tissue paper!
Reception
Bridal Party Gifts
I decided to get these tiffany blue bags and tiffany blue gemstone tissue paper for all of the bridal party gifts. Will make them look even better when we hand them out at the reception! The bags and tissue paper were both from ebay.
07/30/2009
Children's gift boxes
Children's gift boxes
DIY
Children's boxes
I made these little boxes full of goodies for the children at the wedding, we have 9 children coming! They are just silver boxes that I got on ebay, I filled them with different toys based on the age/gender of the child and then some sweets too. Hopefully will keep them occupied!
07/30/2009
DSC00914
DSC00914
DSC00915
DSC00916
DSC00917
DSC00914DSC00915DSC00916DSC00917
DIY
Table Planner
This was quite simple but I'm soo pleased with the final product! I used ivory hammered card, thin white ribbon, diamante bows and a canvas board. I covered it with aqua blue damask print wrapping paper and stapled it to the back, then covered the back too. I used pearl pins to attach the cards and sellotaped the pins down at the back. Love it!
07/30/2009
DSC00911
DSC00911
DSC00912
DSC00913
DSC00911DSC00912DSC00913
DIY
Card box
I had seen loads of these done by other brides but was sure that they were a lot of work! I ordered the blank box from ebay and then decorated myself. I'm quite pleased with the finished result! I used aqua blue organza ribbon, aqua blue satin ribbon, diamante clusters and silver and ivory card.
07/30/2009
Silver, cream and Tiffany blue
Silver, cream and Tiffany blue
The finished item!
Silver, cream and Tiffany blueThe finished item!
DIY
Finished Table Menus/Name Stands
These took aaaaages! Luckily I had a trimmer that I borrowed from work but it still took forever - used three different types of card, white ribbon and mini bows with diamante. They have the menu, table name (New York locations) and info on them. Hopefully they will look good on the tables!
05/25/2009
DSC00741
DSC00741
DSC00742
DSC00743
DSC00744
DSC00745
DSC00741DSC00742DSC00743DSC00744DSC00745
DIY
Table names/menus
I posted a little while ago about the triangle fold table names and I had some free time this weekend so I thought I would give them a try!
We are having New York landmarks as our table names so included a picture and a little information about each on one side. We then had the menu on one side and on the last a little picture of ourselves.
The ribbon needs work as I had run out, lol, but I think that the rest looks ok.
I mounted on silver card and then used Tiffany blue card for the main thing.
04/16/2009
DSC00724
DSC00724
DSC00725
DSC00724DSC00725
DIY
Invites
So the invites are finally done!
I use aqua blue card with white satin ribbon. Our printer cut the card and printed the inserts for us, then I had to cut and thread the ribbon. He was great, it was all my design and he even did matching RSVPs in aqua card.
Sent them out yesterday and some people have already received them - so exciting!
04/16/2009
My bouquet and one of the bridesmaid's
My bouquet and one of the bridesmaid's
My bouquet
My bouquet and one of the bridesmaid'sMy bouquet
DIY
Bouquet Wraps!
I had already bought my artificial bouquets but they were wrapped with silver ribbon - pretty but I wanted to tie in the blue.
Sooo...I thought I would have a go myself!
Very scary as I had to take off alot of what was already on them so no going back!
Still, I'm pretty pleased with the results...what do you think?
02/22/2009
Like this but in Tiffany blue, ivory and silver - with white satin ribbon to tie.
Like this but in Tiffany blue, ivory and silver - with white satin ribbon to tie.
07_P1010436
Love the jewel and ribbon decoration
d9fb1348-6cac-472d-ac4b-7d6d
How gorgeous!
Like this but in Tiffany blue, ivory and silver - with white satin ribbon to tie.07_P1010436Love the jewel and ribbon decorationd9fb1348-6cac-472d-ac4b-7d6dHow gorgeous!
Table and menu cards
We have decided to name our tables after New York landmarks, and I wanted something on the tables to show this, but with so much going on I wasn't sure how to do it...I also had no money in the budget for doing lots of menus for each individual guest, so when I saw these I thought they were great.
I am going to try and make them with aqua blue, ivory and silver card, and love the idea of tying them with white satin ribbon rather than gluing them together. I'm going to try and use white satin ribbon with jewels to decorate like on the table planner photo.
Will post up pics when complete!
02/20/2009
New wraps on their way - hope they are ok!
New wraps on their way - hope they are ok!
Old wraps - blue, not aqua!
New wraps on their way - hope they are ok!Old wraps - blue, not aqua!
Argh! Trouble with wraps!!
I ordered the wraps from ebay this week - were described as 'aqua' and looked good in the picture - when they arrived they were just plain blue! Not aqua at all! Luckily the seller accepted returns so I have sent them back.
I found these and have ordered them - hopefully the colour will be better!
02/20/2009
Diamonte-brooch-wedding-cake
Diamonte-brooch-wedding-cake
Cake
Another job done!
Went and booked in the cake today! So excited - couldn't wait to do it! We got a great deal - only £225 for the three tier cake, three cut up square cakes, loan of stand and knife, delivery and set up!
Got the cake almost identical to the one in the photo, only with Tiffany blue ribbon and a gorgeous sparkly brooch! There won't be flowers on top, the cake lady is making a topper out of sparkly beads.
We chose to have one tier fruit and the other two sponge and then the cut up cakes will be one sponge and two chocolate.
So exciting - another job ticked off!
02/18/2009
limo_1_06
limo_1_06
limo_1_03
limo_1_06limo_1_03
Booked the limo!
Finally booked the limo - had been debating about cost as budget had gone up due to extra guests, but in the end decided it was worth it - all the bridesmaids, my mum, Kirk's mum and I can all travel to the wedding with plenty of room and lots of bubbly!
02/18/2009
bafe_2
bafe_2
e670_2
Untitled
bafe_2e670_2Untitled
More Ebay purchases!
First, one of my bridesmaids has got really short hair, and although I bought tiaras I didn't think they would look right, so I found this fabulous fascinator for only £3.95!
I ordered my wraps in aqua blue, 4 of them at only £4.50 each.
Finally...I found my buttonholes! They are gorgeous and will work out at only £15 for 5 groomsmen and one grooms.
Very pleased with my bargains!
02/18/2009
4905423
4905423
4905423
Ring for other hand
I have got some lovely white gold and pearl jewellery for the day (earrings were a 21st gift from Tiffany from H2B) but am tempted to get a topaz or aquamarine ring for my other hand to fit in with the blue. Is this too much? I might drop hints and try and get it as a wedding present from H2B!
02/18/2009
Too bright!!
Too bright!!
Ask a Question
Buttonholes?
I have no idea what to do about the buttonholes - the suits will be dark grey, with the groom having a silver waitcoat and tie and the groomsmen having ivory waistcoats with silver ties. I want the Tiffany blue to somehow be incorportaed into the buttonholes - but needs to be that right aqua shade rather than bright turquoise!
I would be so grateful for any ideas!
02/04/2009
KairaAqua
KairaAqua
Shoes!
So I have had lots of issues with shoes...I could not find a pair in the right style or colour! I wanted Tiffany Blue but this was too difficult...I saw these and fell in love! I know I will wear them after the wedding and they can be my 'something blue' too!
They are by pedro garcia, I got them reduced from £180 to £65 which is great! I'm hoping my photographer can do an arty shot in black and white with just the shoes in blue!
01/04/2009
41p2+38vpfL__SX280_SH35_
41p2+38vpfL__SX280_SH35_
Mens attire
H2B has quite adamantly said that he will not wear any blue - fair enough!
So will hopefully have him in a grey suit with silver waistcoat and tie/cravat.
Cannot afford to spend lots on suit hire, and all the cheaper places don't have much colour selection, so have decided to go for silver waistcoats for the groomsmen but will buy these lovely ties in the aqua blue, only £5 each from Marks and Spencer (about $10)!
01/04/2009
What I want for my bouquet.
What I want for my bouquet.
Hopefully can try this for the bridesmaid bouquets.
What I want for my bouquet.Hopefully can try this for the bridesmaid bouquets.
Bouquet wraps and jewellery
I bought my silk flowers when I was only having white and silver as my colours, but now want to use them somehow to add touches of the Tiffany blue.
Looking online I saw this gorgeous bouquet wrap which hopefully I should be able to recreate - I have some Tiff. blue ribbon and white ribbon, and found online some diamante clusters, so will give it a go!
I also like pic number two for the bridesmaids, so have ordered some organza ribbon in the blue and some pearl pins to try and recreate this.
Will post pics when I have given it a go! If anyone has done this and has any tips, e.g. for securing everything, anything they found difficult, I would be very grateful!
01/03/2009
Tiffany blue shoes - I hope I win these!
Tiffany blue shoes - I hope I win these!
Aqua blue pashminas for my bridesmaids.
The perfect shade of Tiffany blue ribbon.
Favour boxes and cards.
My silk flowers were a bargain from ebay.
Cute silver placecard holders - with a bit of bling!
Wedding bubbles - I think I will put these in baskets for the ceremony.
Table diamonds to scatter on the tables.
Tiffany blue shoes - I hope I win these!Aqua blue pashminas for my bridesmaids.The perfect shade of Tiffany blue ribbon.Favour boxes and cards.My silk flowers were a bargain from ebay.Cute silver placecard holders - with a bit of bling!Wedding bubbles - I think I will put these in baskets for the ceremony.Table diamonds to scatter on the tables.
Ask a question: Any ebay brides?
I have bought a lot of bits for my wedding from ebay, and wondered how many of you had done the same. If you are on a tight budget it can be very useful. I found these Tiffany blue wraps for my bridesmaids that I plan to get, only about £2.99 ($6) each!
I lost on on the other pair of shoes I was bidding on, but found these beauties instead which are much more of a Tiffany blue I think. Hopefully will have better luck with them!
I also got my silk flowers, table diamonds, bubbles, coloured ribbon, favour boxes and place card holders from ebay!
01/02/2009
7008
7008
7009
8440
700870098440
Bling accessories!
With the Tiffany theme I wanted to add some diamond accents throughout - here are some things I found on Things Festive. A little pricey but could buy one thing each month!
01/02/2009
DSC00186
DSC00186
The Proposal
We had been together for three years when Kirk proposed - we went to a little log cabin and he proposed over a bottle of pink Moet! Was fantastic. The ring was one I had seen months before and he had remembered it...platinum band with marquise diamond. Love it!
01/02/2009
80027018_m
80027018_m
a1_aqua_marine
card-85-2
80027018_ma1_aqua_marinecard-85-2
Table Names
We chose New York landmarks (e.g. Fifth Avenue, Empire State Building, etc) as our table names, and I have bought some Tiffany blue card. I saw these lovely little photoframes and thought they would be cute to display the table names, but quite pricey at £5 each as I would need 8...hopefully they will go into the sale!
I also found some blue damask print wrapping paper to do my table planner with, and will use silver or ivory card plus some diamante or pearl accessories.
01/02/2009
KA-20048BL
KA-20048BL
Something blue...
I adore these candles but can't afford them as favours - I might get some and give them to the bridesmaids in their gift bag, or buy some and just place them on tables as decoration. Definitely want to use them somehow!
01/02/2009
6360017
6499953
6360017
64999536360017
Bridal party gifts
We ordered our gifts for our parents these week, and they just arrived.
We already got the bridesmaid's gifts, some lovely earrings from Beaverbrooks. Can't afford Tiffany!
For our dads we got silver cufflink and hipflask sets from H Samuel. For our mums we got these beautiful compact mirrors from the Vera Wang Love Knots collection. They come beautifully packaged and with a white leather envelope holder for them. I want one for myself!
01/02/2009
1471
1471
JAY_8863
JAY_8883
1471JAY_8863JAY_8883
Flowers
Although i love fresh flowers I liked the idea of artificial more, as I thought that I could then keep the flowers as a memento afterwards.
My bouquet and the bridesmaid's were ordered from ebay (thebridalworkshop - absolutely amazing seller) and are ivory roses with silver ribbon and diamante - similar to the picture shown but without the pearls.
I recently saw these gorgeous ones from Sarah's flowers - how cute for a Tiffany blue theme! It is called the turquoise stone collection, and I am thinking of getting my buttonholes and mother's corsages in this range, only with ivory flowers and perhaps some diamante detailing.
01/02/2009
3410852_main_m
3410852_main_m
Centrepieces
I decided not to go for flowers, as I wanted something that could be kept. In the end I purchased these gorgeous cream candelabras with lots of crystal detailing. I am going to use white candles (looked for Tiff. blue but could not find any at all!) and sprinkle table diamonds around them.
01/02/2009
DSC00632
DSC00632
DSC00633
7f01c7ad12124170558578
DSC00632DSC006337f01c7ad12124170558578
Cookies!
I had a go at making some Tiffany box cookies, not sure what I would do with them as have bought favour boxes already...maybe put them out for the evening guests in cake stands.