- (oops forgot the scissors!)
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 glue stick
- transparent paper (buy individual sheets in the scrap booking isle at your fav. craft store - ooh ooh ooh - - what about using pretty doilies?!! I am totally doing this next time!)
- bamboo skewers (but these at any grocery store)
These pictures tell the make it story from left to right top to bottom. But in case it is a little foggy what I am doing I'll take you through them:
- cut your paper into circles (about 3" diameter) and use your scissors to cut half way through the circle.
- Overlap the cut circle to form a cone.
- When the cone looks right to you cut the excess paper.
- Swipe a line of glue using your glue stick on the tab you just created.
- Hold the paper together for a moment to secure the glue on the umbrella shade.
- Next, stick the bamboo skewer through the top of your shade.
- With the hot glue gun drop a dollop of glue on the inside of the shade. Careful! The glue is hot hot hot! Don't let little ones do this part! Let the glue dry.
- Finally, cut the swizzle sticks to various heights and mix a tall stiff drink for yourself - you've worked really hard making these awesome drink accessories. (also don't let the little ones do this).